2. What information do you collect?This site provides forms required to complete the purchase and delivery process. We collect name, address, telephone number and email address and preferred delivery method. The information collected from these forms is stored in an historical database and not shared with any other business or individual.
3. What do you do with the information?We use the information for the purposes of completing deliveries of products ordered and to improving our products, services and marketing to our customers. We do not rent, sell, share, trade or in any way divulge our customer list to any outside business or individual. If you believe you are being contacted by any business or individual other than Gourmet World using information you have provided to us, please contact us immediately.
4. Does this web site use "cookies"?We do not place data miners on the user's hard drive which are typically used for the purpose of collecting personal or other information. Cookies are used to track user login information, preferred currency and language settings. No other cookies are used on this web site.
5. How do you ensure that the data submitted will remain secure?Our web server is located in a physically and electronically secured data center. Any personal information you provide when submitting an online form to us is maintained and accessible only by specific employees of ours who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to respond to your specific questions or comments.
6. What information about site visits is collected?Our web hosting servers routinely collect the following information for the sole purpose of providing a better web site to our customers and better overall customer service. This information is used solely by us and not shared or disseminated in any form.
- IP Address:We collect your IP address to measure our incoming traffic and better understand who is visiting our site, and what we can do to improve our site and make it a better experience for our customers.
- Referral Web site:If you were referred from another site such as a search engine, we collect that information so we can better determine where our traffic is coming from.
- Browser Type:We collect information about the browser you are using to help us bring consistent web viewing across all platforms and browsers.
7. What information is collected by the Online Store?For consumers visiting, browsing and purchasing via our online stores we only collect personally identifiable information such as each customer's name, billing and delivery addresses, email address and details of merchandise ordered. This information is collected to fulfil orders, process payments and inform customers via email when new merchandise has been added to the shop. This information remains with Gourmet World and is only accessed by our agents, affiliates or partners for the purposes of fulfilling and tracking orders. We do not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
For your added security and peace-of-mind we do NOT store credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates or CVV numbers in our database.Once a transaction has been completed all sensitive payment details are removed from any session or cache data.
Gourmet World are committed to protecting the privacy of our online visitors with particular sensitivity to children. We strongly encourage parents or guardians to advise their children to ask for permission prior to providing any personal information online on ours or any web site.